CASA Rolls Out 2 New Member Benefits at the Annual Conference
Discounted Access to Train Perioperative Staff
In September of 2018, CASA conducted a member survey. One of the greatest areas of concern for ASCs was access to trained perioperative nurses. The CASA Board implemented a special committee to research opportunities to assist our members with meeting these demands.
We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) to provide our members with a significant discount and access to AORN’s Periop 101 training program. Through this partnership, CASA members can access this program for only $535.00 per seat. This is a $460.00 discount off the $995.00 list price.
To learn more about this program attend the informational webinar on Wednesday, September 18, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. using the information below.
Access Code: 8407044
Additional information is also available on the CASA Website under member resources.
Opioid Sparing Commitment and Tool Kit
Opioid misuse is a public health crisis, and every one of the 46 daily deaths from overdose in the U.S. is a tragedy. At the same time, opioids can play an important role in pain management when they are used safely in accordance with physician recommendations.
As more patients utilize ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs) for high-quality, patient-centered surgical care, health care providers who work in these facilities play an increasingly critical role in the communication and patient education efforts surrounding safe opioid use.
CASA and the California Society of Anesthesiologists (CSA) recognize that pain treatment and management can present a complex clinical challenge. We have developed a toolkit to assist you in providing superior patient care while reducing opioid use and misuse, based on the latest research and policies from nationally recognized medical organizations.
This toolkit includes several components for use at your ASC:
- Office Poster: Five-Pronged Approach to Post-Procedure Opioid Prescribing
- Patient Educational Materials: Safe Opioid Use brochure to provide to patients and caregivers
- Patient Video: A short video on Opioid Education and Pain Management that should be shown to patients before their procedure(s)
- ASC Pledge to Follow Best Practices for Opioid Safety: Voluntary commitment by your ASC to follow best practices and prescribing guidelines
- Certificate: A CASA/CSA-branded certificate/icon to publicly display your ASC’s commitment
- Reference Card: Link to additional resources for ASC staff
Toolkit contents are available on the CASA website under member resources. Please reach out to CASA Executive Director Beth LaBouyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530.790.7990 with any questions.