CASA Award for ASC Excellence
Application Deadline is June 30, 2021
CASA is accepting applications for the CASA Award for ASC Excellence. This is a great opportunity to have your ASC acknowledged by your peers and further let the public know the service you provide. We encourage you to review the criteria below and submit your application for your center’s consideration.
So many of our CASA centers are providing outstanding services to their community and we want to see you recognized. The application may seem daunting at first, but with a little preparation and organization, you will find it manageable. If you have questions regarding the criteria and necessary components, please reach out to CASA Executive Director, Beth LaBouyer. All applications including supporting documentation must be hard copy mailed and postmarked no later than June 30, 2021.
The CASA Award for ASC Excellence acknowledges a CASA member facility who exemplifies best practices in the surgery center industry, plus actively promotes and advocates for ASC excellence and inclusion in the healthcare delivery system.
The criteria for the CASA Award for ASC Excellence is built around 5 pillar categories.
- Membership – Facility supports the ASC industry through active engagement in professional organizations.
- Advocacy – Facility drives ASC related legislation at both the Federal and State level through education, action and financial contributions.
- Quality Metrics – Facility drives transparency and clinical quality in the ASC through facility benchmarking and public reporting and superior performance of important metrics including outcomes, pricing, and patient satisfaction.
- Education – Facility ensures clinical best practices, operational efficiency and regulatory compliance through ongoing patient, staff and physician education.
- Community Involvement – Facility is actively engaged in educating the public regarding the benefits of ASCs and demonstrating leadership in improving the general health of their community.
In addition to the CASA Award for ASC Excellence, the most outstanding center will be awarded the CASA ASC of the Year award.
The announcement of the awards will take place at the CASA Annual Conference, September 8-10, 2021. The conference will be located at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach.
CASA Conference & Education - Call for Speakers
The CASA Conference & Education Committees are looking for presentations for our 2021 annual meeting to be held in Huntington Beach, September 8-10, 2021, as well as other potential virtual offerings. The CASA Annual Conference draws attendees from CA surgery center administrators, clinical directors, and other ASC leaders. Do you have a topic you would like to discuss? These presentations should address updates on regulations, information about new concepts and innovative technologies, strategic tools, and solutions regarding issues that impact the clinical, business, staff, and physician segments of ambulatory surgery centers.
We are looking for highly skilled speakers who can lead sessions that will address business management, clinical operations, regulations, compliance, quality improvement, benchmarking, patient safety, marketing, reimbursement, workforce and other topics of general interest.
If you are interested in presenting, please submit your idea. To provide your submission, go to the following link and complete the form. 2021 Call for Speakers