Important Education Offerings for CASA Members
CalOSHA and Common ASC Questions
As ASCs are busy providing excellent care for their patients, it’s critical that they also offer a safe and healthy environment for their employees and medical staff. This webinar will take place on October 26, 2023, at 2:00 p.m. The session will walk us through the common questions our members provide to CASA regarding standards and regulations as they pertain to CalOSHA and their oversight.
This webinar is free to CASA members and will not be available on demand. Make sure you don’t miss out on this important information and opportunity to hear directly from CalOSHA.
CASA 2023 Virtual Infection Prevention and Surveillance Seminar
Keeping up with the demands for infection prevention & surveillance is critical, especially with staff turnover. ASCs must ensure they have a licensed individual trained in infection prevention overseeing the ASC's infection control practices. Accreditation bodies will be looking to confirm your center has the most current policies and training. CASA has secured an outstanding group of industry experts to provide you with this critical information.
In addition to reviewing the important components essential to infection prevention, we will be reviewing new information such as the recent AAMI standard regarding clinical water. Is your ASC in compliance? We will also be bringing in ASC IP leaders to talk through real-life challenging situations in the ASC setting that you must tackle as infection prevention leaders.
Make sure you don’t miss out!
The virtual format is delivered *LIVE in three different sessions, allowing the attendee to choose the subjects that meet their needs. Significant discounts are applied for those attending more than one session. Below is the program agenda and further descriptions can be found here.
- An Effective Infection Control Program Begins with a Robust Infection Control Risk Assessment
- Sterile Processing & Infection Prevention – Understanding the Process Behind Your Survey Checklist
- Identifying Surgical Site Infections
- Incorporating IP Data into your QAPI Program
- Controlling the Petri dish, Managing Transmissible Diseases in the ASC
- Sterilization Special Considerations with Complex Procedures
- “Infection Control Challenges: How Would You Handle That?”
- Laying a Firm Foundation for Infection Prevention in the GI Suite.
- Adherence to Scope Reprocessing in the GI Suite
- Developing Infection Prevention Education for GI Staff