Why choose an ASC?
Looking for an ASC career? We post listings for ASC nurses, surgery center staff, surgical nurse, pacu nurse, OR nurse, ASC administrator and many more everyday!
Director, Nursing ASC
Acuity Eye Group/ Retina Institute of California
San Gabriel, CA
Acuity Eye Group is a nationally recognized group of Ophthalmology practices that specializes in a wide variety of services to help patients receive treatment for a number of different vision-related needs. Acuity Eye Group has offices located throughout several regions in Southern and Central California and we continue to grow! Currently, our group Specialists treat patients in more than 45 locations and 4 Ambulatory Surgery Centers in California. Because of our growth and the patients we need to treat, we must expand our teams and are currently looking for the right individual to join our Leadership team as a Director of Nursing.
The Director of Nursing will be responsible for making sure the San Gabriel Ambulatory Surgery Center and Trinity Surgical Solutions in Lancaster are operating efficiently, consistently, and are staffed appropriately, including scheduling, downtime and overtime. The Director of Nursing will ensure all clinical best practices and policies are followed, while proactively solving problems. The Director, Nursing will be responsible for selecting, training and on-boarding Nurses and all Surgery Center personnel. The Director of Nursing will develop team members through effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring of the Nurses and operatory personnel. The Director of Nursing will collaborate with the Doctors and Surgery Center leads to operate profitable Surgery Centers, while providing the best patient care.
For this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- At least 3-5 years of related Ambulatory and/or Circulating Nursing experience
- Current RN license that is in good standing in the state of California
- CPR Certification
- Current ACLS/BLS Certification
We hope (but don’t require) that you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the Ophthalmology Industry
- Experience in multiple Surgery Center locations
- A working knowledge of Regulatory and Accreditation Surveys (AAAHC Accreditation)
Please submit resume to Becky Hampton firstname.lastname@example.org
La Veta Surgical Center
La Veta Surgical Center is a Multi-Specialty Surgical Center in Orange, California looking for an experienced OR Clinical Mgr to join its team of dedicated professionals who will be responsible for all aspects of nursing/clinical care delivery in the Operating Room. The facility has 5 Operating Rooms and 1 GI Room. Specialties: Ophthalmology, GYN, ENT, Plastics, General, Podiatry, Ortho, Urology, Pain Mgmt, Dental, Oral Surgery. The OR Nurse Manager must be an RN with OR experience and shall have at least one year of full-time experience in nursing supervision and/or nursing administration in a licensed health care facility. Must be familiar with California Licensure Standards for Ambulatory Care Facilities and AORN standards. Must have: CA RN License, BLS, and Infection Control preferred.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Assumes responsibility as Department Manager of OR/SPD Departments, including working with the team. Responsible for staffing and labor cost. Assumes some responsibility of the DON in his/her absence. As a Registered Nurse, the Nurse Manager is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. Should have great communication skills and be open to working flexible hours. Additionally, needs to possess great organizational and program development skills, as well as experience in basic computer software such as the Microsoft Office.
The OR Nurse Manager shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Participating in planning For OR cases
- Maintains OR as assigned, in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies
- Responsible for effective management of labor/productivity as well as flexing teammates appropriately
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of assigned areas pertaining to the pre-op/PACU, and corresponding ancillary areas
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement
- Helps in determining goals and effectively manages resources to achieve the goals
- Provides immediate mentoring/coaching to teammates as needed
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care
- At the direction of the Director of Nursing, maintains an adequate inventory for assigned areas
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing/current ACLS, BLS, PALS
- Current licensure in the State of California as a Registered Nurse
- Two or more years of charge nurse experience in an ASC or an acute care hospital OR
If interested, please email Mary Gamez at email@example.com.
Director of Nursing
La Veta Surgical Center
Facility Description: La Veta Surgical is a Multi-Specialty Surgical Center with 5 OR's and 1 GI Suite. We also have a 2nd site in Irvine, Ca where there are 2 OR’s and 1 GI Room. We are a state-of-the-art center and are looking Director of Nursing a positive attitude, lots of energy and someone who is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment is a must.
The Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for all aspects of clinical area.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, Teammates, physicians, other healthcare workers
- Assesses, plans, and evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patient's care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure
- Coordinates nursing interventions to enhance achievement of expected outcomes and to ensure readiness for discharge
- Assumes a leadership role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.
- Interviews, selects and retains qualified staff to meet facility needs. Also assures replacement of marginal staff members before he/she has negative impact on peer relationships or morale
- Oversees and participates on Performance Improvement Committee to facilitate improvement of nursing care and achievement of mission of the facility
- Responsible for ongoing accreditation programs in areas of quality improvement, risk management, infection control, facility and fire safety
- Completes appropriate financial management responsibilities.
- Upholds and practices the principles and policies of the SCA Compliance program.
- Interacts with all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees and physicians in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional facility environment
- Demonstrates understanding and puts into practice the SCA value of Service Excellence
Associates degree in nursing required, a bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
Current RN licensure
Minimum five years of nursing experience required
Previous Charge Nurse experience required
BLS and ACLS required
PALS required within 90 days
If interested, please email your resume to Mary Gamez at firstname.lastname@example.org.