Why choose an ASC?
Looking for an ASC career? We post listings for ASC nurses, surgery center staff, surgical nurse, pacu nurse, OR nurse, ASC administrator and many more everyday!
Manager, Managed Care
The Manager, Managed Care role works with the managed care department team members to meet/exceed the goals of the department, including; increasing commercial payor reimbursement and gaining new patient access through new contract completion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with managed care department team members to meet/exceed the goals of the department including 1) increasing commercial payor reimbursement and 2) gaining new patient access through new contract completion.
- Negotiate/renegotiate agreements with third-party payers; perform financial evaluations to support negotiation efforts to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Review and negotiate contract language based on the guidance provided by leadership
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with third-party payers
- Establish relationships with market VPs of Operations, Physician leaders, Administrators, Business Office Managers and Business Office Operations team
- Educate ASC / Clinical internal staff on managed care issues, trends, etc.
- Attend partnership meetings and other meetings and update key constituents as needed
- Present appropriate data and reports at meetings
- New agreements and/or reimbursement levels/methodologies
- Payer updates
- Payer mix reviews & updates
- Act as liaison for Practices and ASCs to third party payers to resolve claims and payment issues
- Develop relationship with Business Operations to ensure that business process issues are addressed
- 3-5 years of experience in managed care environment (with either payer or provider), such as health plan provider relations, provider/payor contracting, ancillary payor/provider contracting
- Bachelor's degree required
If interested please use the link below to apply for the position:
Regional Sales Director - West
Surgical Notes is looking to hire a western region sales director to close new accounts, grow Surgical Notes’ customer base, and retain existing accounts. Must be located in CA, AZ, or NV.
Essential Job Duties:
- Meet and exceed required sales productivity quotas (quarterly and annually).
- 2020 quota is $750,000 in new business from a combination of:
- Revenue cycle management (RCM), transcription service, coding service, and ScanChart ASC (chart automation and document management application)
- Generate new business through direct selling, web demos, written communication, and telephone communication.
- Product demonstrations and presentation of proposals and contracts to prospective clients.
- Necessary skills and traits: high level of passion and enthusiasm, outstanding work ethic, excellent interpersonal, organizational, follow-up, and problem-solving skills, able to network quickly, and impressive attention to detail.
- Maintain and leverage existing clients while pursuing new business (upselling other Surgical Notes solutions).
- Maintain accurate sales forecasts, update records in Salesforce daily, and submit sales reports in a timely manner.
- Respond to all calls and emails (external and internal) with a sense of urgency.
- Operate in compliance with all regulatory requirements and company policies as described in the company policy manual, compliance training module, and other material.
- Maintain and enhance the professional reputation of the company by displaying the highest level of professionalism, competence, and personal integrity.
- Must be able to travel (50%) and occasionally working weekends tied to meeting attendance both in and out of territory.
Required Work Experience:
3-5 years of experience selling RCM, EMR, and/or PM software in the healthcare market (preferably in the ASC market) or working directly in an ASC as an Administrator or Business Office Manager. Salary and Variable Compensation:
Salary variable based upon experience. Commissions paid monthly on new business.
Interested in this job? Email your resume to Chuck Meisel, VP of Sales for Surgical Notes at email@example.com.
Fort Sutter Surgery Center
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced OR manager to join our busy surgery center located in Midtown Sacramento. All qualified applicants will be considered.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- BSN Desired
- Current Valid RN License from the State of California
- Significant experience working in a multi-specialty OR, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center. This level of experience is typically achieved in approximately three years.
- Must have successful experience as an OR leader, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center. This level of leadership competence is typically obtained with approximately two years of leadership experience.
- CNOR certificate preferred.
- Must have the demonstrated knowledge and interpersonal skills necessary to tactfully direct the efforts of diverse health professionals to meet patient and physician needs.
- Knowledge of State, Federal and Accrediting Body regulations and standards and performs in accordance with them.
- PC-literate in MS Windows environment with moderate level of competency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Extensive knowledge of AORN Standards, infection control processes and sterilization practices is required.
- Knowledge of performance improvement processes.
- Current knowledge regarding instrumentation and equipment utilized for various surgical specialties is required, as is knowledge of the types of surgeries being performed at the Center.
- Must have leadership skills, along with skills in functional supervision/ delegation and human relations.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a flexible, creative individual who is open to change along with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Requires the ability to operate and trouble-shoot OR equipment.
- BLS/ACLS/PALS required
- Computer skills are required.
- Adult training skills are preferred.
- Ability to be self-directed yet seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
- Ability to make sound reasonable decisions, work in situations that demand patience, stamina, endurance, and tact while providing impeccable service.
- Ability to set priorities, respond timely to issues which require a decision, and ensure desired results are achieved by means of consistent follow through.
- Highly organized with the ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with consumers and staff and the ability to speak effectively and present materials as necessary. Interactions with patients, families, physicians, referral sources, visitors, teammates, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a manner that reflects the values of clinical quality, integrity, service excellence, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement.
If interested, please use the link below to apply for the position: https://sutterhealth.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=SOPS-1920717&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.XZzk7BWh45M.mailto
Surgery Center Administrator
Sapphire Health Group
Los Angeles, California
We're looking for a Dynamic ASC ADMINISTRATOR for our gorgeous 2 OR and 2 Procedure Room Multi-Specialty Surgery Center!
As part of the key management team, this Administrator will manage the clinical and financial operations of the center, and be responsible for 4 managers and 35 staff.
Our surgery center is located in a beautiful suburb of Los Angeles, and is jointly-owned by physicians, one of the largest ASC management companies in the industry, and AppleCare Medical Group!
* Minimum 2-3 years of ASC Management Experience
* Strong understanding of Regulatory Compliance Standards and AAAHC accreditation
* Exceptional Leadership Skills and Physician Relations
* Ability to Recruit Physicians and Increase case-volume
* CASC Certification Strongly Preferred
Email resumes to Andréa Venezio at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspen Surgery Center
Walnut Creek, CA
Aspen Surgery Center in Walnut Creek, CA is a multi-specialty outpatient surgery center. We offer a state-of-the-art environment where patients and professionals alike benefit from the latest surgical techniques and technology.
We are currently seeking a Physician's Assistant with robotic experience in an outpatient surgery setting.
Robotic surgery experience in GYN and General Surgery cases is required.
Please note* If selected for the position, you will go through our credentialing process to obtain privileges to assist in surgery.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Director of Nursing
The Surgery Center of Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
The Surgery Center of Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Joint Commission accredited, is looking for a dedicated, experienced, quality-driven Director of Nursing (DON) to join our professional patient care team.
The Director of Nursing (DON) provides nursing and administrative direction to all clinical staff of the surgery center, including directing and coordinating all clinical activities, resources and personnel. DON provides clinical and operational expertise to the clinical areas; creates, updates, interprets and enforces personnel policies and procedures; develops through collaboration with Clinical Managers and Charge Nurses, and nursing team, all clinical policies, procedures and programs, demonstrates leadership ability and exceptional professional behavior while conducting day to day responsibilities, collaborates with the Administrator and/or Medical Director in the development of the clinical budgets and staffing plans. This position does require patient care responsibilities as needed to support clinical staff.
Position Reports to:
All Clinical Personnel, OR Manager, PACU Manager, Charge Nurses, Radiology Technician, and other personnel as assigned.
Licenses or Certifications:
Current licensure to practice in the State of California. Successful completion of Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Basic Life Support Course.
Education, vocational training and experience:
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing. A BSN or equivalent experience is required. Significant experience in Operating Room and Clinical Nursing and Management is required. Current experience in ambulatory surgery is required. Current CNOR certificate preferred. Materials management experience is preferred. Must have the ability to manage multiple facility operations.
We are located in a metropolitan area on the boundaries of Berkeley and Oakland. We are adjacent to the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station for easy access via public transportation and we also offer free reserved parking.
The Surgery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Surgery Center will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, marital status, familial status, political belief, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are motivated to work in a fast-paced, high quality environment with a mix of specialty services, please contact us by faxing your resume to Kim D’Ambrosia, RN, MSN, CASC, Administrator, Fax: 510-653-5242.