Looking for an ASC career? We post listings for ASC nurses, surgery center staff, surgical nurse, pacu nurse, OR nurse, ASC administrator and many more everyday!
Click Here to Submit your Job Posting!
USPI - St. Joseph's Surgery Center
St. Joseph's Surgery Center is seeking a motivated Clinical Director to join our team.
Our Center is a multi-specialty and fast-paced ASC environment committed to producing the highest quality work and experience for patients and their families.
$5,000.00 Sign-on Bonus - Please inquire within.
We have 6 ORs and 2 Treatment Rooms. We are a multi-specialty center: ENT, General, GI, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Pain, Plastic, Podiatry and Urology
The Ambulatory Surgical Services Clinical Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the clinical areas (including OR and Pre-OP/PACU) and implements process initiatives to improve efficiency of services and patient experience. The Clinical Director of the Ambulatory Surgery Center will report to the ASC Administrator and will collaborate with them to promote fiscal accountability, develop and revise policies, and evaluate staff performance. The Outpatient Surgical Center Clinical Director will oversee staff credentialing, preventative safety measures, risk management duties and use their clinical and leadership experience to enhance patient care and improve clinical outcomes.
- Devise strategies and plans for the clinical department according to company standards for excellent service and growth
- Assume responsibility of budgeting and resourcing
- Plan and oversee all patient care or administrative operations and programs
- Recruit employees to ensure department is staffed with qualified personnel
- Assign cases and create schedules for all employees
- Coordinate and supervise staff providing constructive feedback
- Provide personnel with clinical training and opportunities for continuous development
- Evaluate performance and discipline employees when necessary
- Monitor compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards
- Proven experience as clinical director or other managerial position
- Experience in clinical supervision and program management
- Solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts.
Salary Range: $120K- $155K plus Bonus potential
Wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications and experience.
- Must have OR experience
- Graduate of a professional school of Nursing
- BSN or higher degree will only be considered
- Current license as a CA Registered Nurse
- Current certification in BLS and Advanced Cardiac Life Support and PALS (you can PALS within 3 months of start date)
- Three-Five years operating room/critical care experience
- Two years supervisory experience in the outpatient surgery area preferred
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients and others
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities of a Staff Nurse are required for this position
If interested, please contact Jodi Greenberg at email@example.com / 818-469-8788.
Surgery Center Administrator
Los Gatos, CA
We are seeking a Surgery Center Administrator with Los Gatos Surgical Center to promote growth and unlock possibilities. At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Share your leadership skills and come make a difference with us!
In your role as Surgery Center Administrator, you will create an environment that builds and maintains the center's reputation as the surgery center of choice in your area. Core ways you will influence the reputation are by leading business development efforts, maintaining a high standard of service to physicians and patients and ensuring your center has exceptional clinical practice standards. You will also be a key member of a team of like-minded peer Administrators that collaborate with one another sharing ideas and best practices. By combining your team’s resources with those from your physician equity partners, HCA market hospitals, and corporate support teams allow us to continue to set the standard for Ambulatory Surgery together.
Qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Nursing or related field Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
- Minimum (3) years direct experience or related experience
- Experience in outpatient healthcare operations or similar service environments preferred
For more information and to apply go to: https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/jobs/12001681-surgery-center-administrator
Los Gatos Surgical Center is located in the city of Los Gatos in Northern California and is part of the HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division. Our AAAHC-accredited center strives to provide the highest quality of care. We have the most up-to-date equipment. Our caseload per month is over 650 cases. Services in specialties like gynecology, general and vascular, orthopedic and podiatry, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, urology and plastics are available. The center was established in 1984. Los Gatos Surgical Center is a partnership with physicians and HCA Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services.
Director of Nursing
Acuity Eye Group
Santa Gabriel, CA
The Director of Nursing will be responsible for ensuring assigned Surgery Center(s) are operating efficiently, consistently, and are staffed appropriately, including scheduling, downtime and overtime. The Director of Nursing will ensure all clinical best practices and policies are followed, while proactively solving problems. The Director of Nursing will be responsible for training and onboarding nurses and all Surgery Center staff. The Director of Nursing will participate in the recruitment and selection process of new staff. The Director of Nursing will develop team members through effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring. The Director of Nursing will collaborate with physicians and Company management to operate profitable Surgery Center while providing the best patient care.
Salary Range: $116,250 - $172,000 yearly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Develops, maintains, and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Participates in all patient care decisions and performs staff annual performance evaluations and competency testing on an ongoing basis as assigned by management.
- Participates in daily or weekly management team meetings to discuss patient status, census changes, personnel, or resident complaints or concerns.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff and ensures sufficient staff are hired and fully utilized.
- Participates in coaching, counseling and disciplinary actions of nursing staff and other surgical staff.
- Ensures delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing supervision as evidenced by adequate services and staff coverage.
- Exercises overall supervision of patient assessments and care plans.
- Develops, maintains, and reviews weekly reports to monitor and ensure timely, effective communication to significant changes in condition, and care plans.
- Collaborates with physicians, facilities, community agencies, and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve identified problems.
- Works with management in overseeing nursing schedules to ensure they meet patient needs and regulatory and budgetary standards.
- Works as a staff nurse as needed and maintains the highest quality of nursing care as a role model.
- Maintains required licensure and certifications and ensures all nursing staff and surgical personnel maintains their requisite licenses and certifications.
- Maintains industry knowledge and looks for ways to improve patient care in all areas of the surgical center including preop, pacu, and intraoperatively.
- Develops and delivers in-service education to equip nursing staff with sufficient knowledge and skills to provide compassionate, quality care and respect for patient rights.
- Performs rounds when not scheduled as a staff nurse to observe care and to interview staff, patients, families/caregivers or other interested parties.
- Proactively develops procedures to promote workplace safety and safe work practices.
- Coordinates and/or develops ongoing QI/QA activities for nursing services to monitor nursing compliance with standards and regulatory requirements through rounds, interviews, and record reviews. Compiles summary of findings for the Compliance Department.
- Communicates directly with patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, interdisciplinary team members, and regional management to coordinate care and services, promote participation in care plans, and maintain a high quality of care and life for patients.
- Promotes customer service and hospitality and responds to and adequately resolves complaints or concerns from patients or families about nursing services.
- Monitors service incidents and complaints as needed to identify those defined as unusual occurrences by State policy and promptly reports such occurrences to the Doctors/Managing Partner and/or administrator.
- Collaborates with other facilities, medical professionals, consultants, and organizations, including government agencies to develop, support and coordinate patient care, related administrative functions, and represent the organization's interests.
- Leads and supports care programs and research, and assists in marketing, business development, outreach, education, quality improvement, and other initiatives as needed.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Actively share ideas in a constructive and positive manner by listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
- Advocates and assists in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable.
- Holding regular staff meetings, keeping meeting minutes to include addressing all incident reports, infection control, adverse incidents, QI and any other issue.
- Assists in maintaining the ASC survey ready and completes any assigned task to get the ASC survey ready in a timely manner.
- Maintains Infection Control certification and oversees the Infection Control Program for the ASC; including the monitoring and reporting as management designates.
- Develops, documents, and maintains standard operational procedures, checklists, and process flows.
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies.
- Keeps commitments and keeps direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Maintains strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations (e.g., OSHA, WC, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
- Provides overall human resources management
- Develops annual budget and provides daily oversight of daily operations with daily, weekly, and monthly reporting; working closely with the financial support team
- Performs computer skills with accurate use of word processing, data collection, report writing and financial reports
- Provides oversight for the business office functions, including scheduling, pre-authorization, billing, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Provides oversight for materials management
- Ensures the development of an annual performance improvement plan; implementation of activities to ensure goals and standards are met
- Ensure high customer satisfaction through the development of customer standards and implementation of activities as indicated by ongoing measurement
- Ensures accurate and timely medical credentialing of all doctors and CRNA staff
- Ensures complete and accurate up-to-date files are kept on all employees including required licensing
- Supports direct patient care in all areas as needed per scope of practice
- Works closely and supports Adminstrator in all aspects of overseeing the ASC
- Provides support to the Governing Board through agenda development, documentation of minutes and distribution of information, reports and other functions as needed
- Oversees that all patient charts are complete with all necessary signatures, reports and ready to be filed
- Ensures that all medical equipment is properly maintained, and all Preventive Maintenance services are done as scheduled
- Oversees that linen and biohazard materials management is picked up according to contract
- Oversees and reviews all ASC purchases
- Oversees that all tracking and reporting logs are kept up to date
- Oversees all monthly, quarterly and annual drills and in-services are complete and documented
- Re-credential with insurance companies as requested
- Negotiate and execute center contracts
- Establish cash rate fees according to Medicare allowable
- Renew all necessary ASC certifications as due and requested
- Facilitates communication and supports employee and medical staff relationship
- Provides support, motivation, and works to improve employee morale
- Develops and monitors guidelines and standards to assure compliance with state requirements, Medicare approval and federal regulations (OSHA, CLIA, etc)
- Attends and actively participates in all business meetings and conference calls
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum 3-5 years of related Ambulatory and/or Circulating Nursing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior staff management experience. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree
- Experience in the Ophthalmic Industry with multiple Surgery Center locations.
- Experience with Regulatory and Accreditation Surveys (AAAHC Accreditation).
- Current CA Registered Nurse (RN) License.
- Current ACLS/BLS Certification.
- CPR Certification.
- Knowledge of surgery center best practices and operations.
- Understanding of budgeting and financial reporting.
- Ability to create and deliver training plans for consistency in the regions.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, critical & strategic thinking with minimal oversight.
- Proven ability to manage multiple work streams & priorities.
- Clear and effective communicator; adapts to different management, communication & delivery styles.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Models professionalism by maintaining effective working relationships, following all policies and procedures and approaching challenges with a proactive and positive attitude. Also develops strong, trusted relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Effective Team Builder (Character/Integrity; communicates openly; willingness to confront; motivator/inspirer; educator/trainer, promotes learning; effective assessor of talent; consistent)
- Customer Service Advocate (flexible and adaptive; empathetic; passionate; ethical).
- Process Focused Operator (data-driven decision-maker; detailed; organized and structured; comprehensive knowledge of all operational processes; computer proficient).
- Influencer (active listener/observer of behavior; builds trust with those requiring coaching; creates a win/win need for change; tailors coaching style to the individual’s needs; recognizes and celebrates improvement to sustain change).
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, staff, vendors, or other members of the community.
- Ability to draw valid conclusions, apply sound judgment in making decisions, and to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all business documents and correspondence.
- Must address others professionally and respectfully by actions, words and deeds.
- Detail-oriented, organized, process-focused, problem solver, self-motivated proactive, customer service focused.
- Displays independent judgment by willingness to make timely and accurate decisions based on available information that is sometimes vague or limited in nature.
- Ability to multitask effectively and work in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment, without compromising quality of work.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects with limited direction, while understanding and contributing to the success of the office.
If interested, please send your resume to Janette Cardoza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
East Bay Endosurgery Center - AmSurg
East Bay Endosurgery Center is an outpatient endoscopic facility specializing in gastroenterology. We believe in compassionate medicine, where patients feel reassured and unrushed. Our experienced, board-certified physicians have dedicated themselves to caring for their neighbors in the Oakland community since 1976. Patients are frequently seen for colorectal cancer screening and problems involving the digestive tract.
East Bay Endosurgery Center specializes in colon cancer screening and the treatment of GI problems in Oakland, CA. Our high-quality care is provided in a setting that is comfortable, friendly and patient-centered. The committed staff at East Bay Endoscopy Center consisting of nurse anesthetists and board-certified physicians understand the needs of patients and implements the best care necessary to ensure patient comfort and wellness. Our center specialties include colon cancer screening procedures, treatment of GERD, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome and treatment of diseases of the liver, biliary system and pancreas.
We are currently searching for a (FT) Center Leader to work Mondays – Fridays who can work cooperatively with staff and physicians and perform a variety of tasks. Major responsibilities include coordinating and directing activities of the center according to accepted standards, managing the fiscal activities of the center, working collaboratively with Nurse Manager, Clinical Director, or Charge Nurse (as required) to oversee the supervision and direction of nursing care and patient scheduling. The Center Leader is responsible for management of all aspects of personnel, education of personnel, and administrative duties. They work closely with the Governor’s Board and center staff in coordinating patient and staff service functions.
You must possess an:
- CA RN Licensure strongly preferred
- Associate’s and/or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (Master’s degree preferred)
- At least five (5) years of healthcare management experience
- At least one (1) year experience in an ASC
- CPR certification and/or ACLS-PALS certification (as required by Center)
- Evidence of leadership qualities
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Language skills adequate for high-level written, interpersonal, and telephone communication in American English (if Center requires bilingual, this section can be modified)
- Computer literacy
Apply Now! Come Join our Team! We offer Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
Plus Work/Life balance by Paid Time Off
Must pass a background check and drug screen.
We do not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited category set forth in federal or state regulations.
We are an equal-opportunity employer.
ASC Nurse Manager
Shriners For Children - Southern California
Shriners Children’s is a non-profit organization that respects, supports, and values each other. We are engaged in providing excellence in patient care, embracing multi-disciplinary education, and research with global impact. We foster a learning environment that values evidenced based practice, experience, innovation, and critical thinking. Our compassion, integrity, accountability, and resilience defines us as leaders in pediatric specialty care for our children and their families.
The ASC Nurse Manager plans, organizes, develops and directs the daily operation of Operating Room / Central Sterile taking into consideration all patient-age groups served by ASC.
The ASC facility at Shriners is a low-volume center that focuses on providing excellence to all patients and families.
Salary Range: $105,000 - $168,000
- Bachelor’s degree (BSN) required
- 5 years experience as a Nurse
- 3 years experience in leadership position
- Active RN license in State of practice
- BLS and PALS, required
Link to APPLY: https://careers-shriners.icims.com/jobs/2725/nurse-manager---asc/job
OR RN Full Time
Urolgy Associates of Central California Surgery Center
Urology Associates of Central California is currently seeking to hire an OR Nurse for our ASC.
SIGN ON BONUS, NO Weekends, NO Nights
Our goal is to provide the highest quality of care to our patients and their families which all begins with our incredible staff.
We provide excellent health benefits, including health, dental, FSA and HSA account options, a 401k package, and profit sharing to plan for your future. Additionally, you will accrue sick time from your first day of employment and vacation after 30 days. Other Benefits include; Long-term Disability Insurance, Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage, Employee Assistance Program.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Nursing diploma ( ADN or BSN)
- Current State of California
- Registered Nurse license
- One (1) year OR nursing experience preferred
- Current BLS and ACLS PALS within 6 months of hire date
Job Type: Full-time Day shift / no weekends/no nights Paid holidays
If interested, please send your resume to Stacy Pittman at email@example.com.